Thursday, May 26, 2005

Wine Bag

O.k., so now that I have sobered up I can follow up on my post from yesterday. The evening started with me attending The Toronto Wine Meetup Group at Crush Wine Bar. I met 3 very interesting wine enthusiasts. Warren Porter, the organizer of the group is the president of Iron Gate Cellarage and The Vin de Garde Club. Warren is also the founder of the Bag-a-Cork Recycling Program in support of Girl Guides of Ontario. If that's not enough, he is Vice-President, Sales for Sesame Networks. Charles is a wine maker with facilities in the city. I'm looking forward to tasting some of his stuff. Ryan is an entrepeneur and has just started-up a bio-tech company. Lets just hope I don't need whatever he's developing.

After the wine meet was dinner and more wine at my favourite restaurant Bruyea Brothers. They will be once again participating in this years Summerlicious event.

Finally, it was off to Ultra Supper Club with Mark and Nick of Bruyea for the Vip Sip with Kim Crawford presented by Vincor. There we got to taste a wonderful selection of Kim Crawford wines; Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir & Rose. The kicker was meeting and chatting with the man himself. Kim Crawford is a tall, broad man with long hair, a strong Kiwi accent and a wicked sense of humour. We chatted with him for an hour or so before the event ended but not before he gave me his email address and offered to show me around Aukland when I'm there in December. I can't wait!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home