Sunday, May 22, 2005

Wino weekend

Pinot Noir Reserve 2001Last weekend was pretty much spent in the red...red wine that is. Saturday, I ventured out with Alex to Santé: The Bloor-Yorkville Wine Festival for the annual Sip, Savour & Shop event. We tasted everything from B.C.'s Mission Hill to France's Taittinger Champagne to Madetia's Casa dos Vinhos da Madeira and quite a few others. We, of course ran into radiodan (he's more of a Scotch drinker but his lovely wife is a bonafide wine snob. God bless her!). That took care of the Sip & Savour part. As for the shopping part, Alex couldn't reist buying a lovely white summer dress which of course meant shoes and accessories to match. I managed to buy a black (Alex bought one in white) $45 t-shirt (it is Yorkville afterall!) from Kal Boutique that read 'i eat vegan(s)'. It's brilliant and I heart it.

Sunday was spend in Niagara-on-the-lake wine region. One of my favourite places in the world. We hit several wineries including Peninsula Ridge, Vineland Estates, Peller Estates and Jackson-Triggs. I tasted a whole lot of wines including almost every ice wine offered by the wineries mentioned. Let me tell you though, As I was the driver I was forced to spit out every drop. Man, that was hard to do! I came home with a bottle of Vineland Pinot Noir Reserve 2001 which is drinking well right now.

On the way home, we stopped in at Picard Peanuts. What a bizarre event that turned out to be. As we walked in, so dod a tour bus full of Asian tourists. We were pushed, bumped and knocked as they attacked the peanut bins. It was surreal...very.

Not a bad weekend to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home