Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ole!!

Emily HainesSo I'm flipping through my copy of TORO that I received with my copy of Canada's best newspaper,
The Globe & Mail
and I'm reading the Letters to the Editor (as I often do) and Holy Chrysler! There's my name in black & white. Last month I quickly sent off a one sentence letter to the magazine to tell them how funny their back page feature, TORO 24 was and then thought nothing of it. My email read:

"I just read the TORO Two-Four and nearly peed my pants.
Duarte Da Silva, Toronto" (it's true. I nearly did)

They also chose to feature the quote by having it printed in large letters as the page highlight. Had I know that it was going to get printed in a national men's magazine I...umm... might have been a little more..umm...eloquent.

It gets better though. A few pages later the have a stunning picture of the lovely Ms. Emily Haines of Metric as this months TORO Woman who is apply described as "every indie boy’s dream" So true. So very true.

(photograph by Mark Zibert)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As it is the mark of great minds to say many things in a few words, so it is that of little minds to use many words to say nothing.I guess this means you were eloquent. p.s. Emily Haines is HOT.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home