Sunday, April 03, 2005

I'm feeling 'bookish'.

The Globe & Mail fills us in on the results of report about reading habits of Canadian's. Some of the highlights from the report, "Who Buys Books In Canada?" include:

  • a total of $1.1 billion was spent on books in 2001. An average of $196 was spent by each of the 5.7 million households with book spending. The 5.7 million households with book spending represent 48% of all households in Canada.
  • In Ontario, 50% of all households reported some spending on books. Total spending was $465 million, or $212 per household reporting spending.
  • Only newspapers, movie theatres and magazines attracted more households than books in 2001: 63% of all Canadian households spent some money on newspapers; 61% reported some spending on movie theatres; 54% reported some spending on magazines; and 48% reported some spending on books.

I know over the past couple of years I've bought more books than I ever have. I also know that my brother has single handedly contributed a large portion of that $1.1 billion spent on books.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

People say that life is the thing,but I prefer reading.- Logan Smith

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home